Introducing our newest virtual offering, One to One, a program that proudly mentors and encourages young writers to explore their voices.
The idea builds on First Draft, our writing feedback program. One to One adds an additional resource...now, instead of receiving your edits via email, you can choose to chat with your editor via Zoom. And you can reconnect as many times as you like - to talk writing, receive prompts, rework your story, or start an entirely new one. We look forward to mentoring your relationship with the written word!
Recommended for ages 9 - 17
Submission required, no fee
- We accept creative writing, short fiction, and personal essays. No college essays, academic, or school assignments please
- Works cannot exceed 1,500 words (i.e. don't send us your five chapter story, just send one chapter at a time)
- Submissions are accepted in e-mail text fields ONLY. No attachments or file shares
- Use a standard font: Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri
- When submitting include title, first name, and your age
- First Draft and One to One is a program for children and teens. The recommended age is 9 - 17
- Please wait until a pending writing piece has been returned before sending a new one
Ready to submit your work? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org