On your mark, writers! We challenge you to write a short, 350-word story that includes the sentence, "The delicate smell defied description." (just 345 words left to go!). Winning stories will be illustrated and published on our Pop Goes the Page creative blog. Additionally, winning authors will enjoy a $50 shopping spree at Labyrinth Books!
Open to ages 9-14
Contest submissions are due by 3:00pm on Friday, April 12, 2019.
- Stories must be no longer that 350 words, and MUST include the sentence, "The delicate smell defied description."
- The sentence MUST stand alone in the story (not be a part of another sentence).
- Please submit entry as a Word file, PDF, or embedded in the text field of an e-mail. Files shared through Google Docs will not be accepted.
- One submission per author, please. Email your story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One winner will be selected from each of our three age categories (ages 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14).
- The following MUST be included with your submission: Your name, age (as of April 12, 2019), and mailing address. Please make sure this information is on the SAME PAGE as your story!
- Your name, information, and title are not included in the 350 word count.
- No submissions in verse, or in comic book format please.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail on April 18, 2019 and posted on our website.